With March and March Break right around the corner – and the official start of spring looming large – there’s excitement in the air.
(You may need to peek through the snowflakes to find it, but it’s there!)
Here are seven free and fun ways to make the most of the coming month:
- Head to the Dominion Arboretum and slide your way along some great tobogganing runs.
- Take a lap around the Rink of Dreams outside Ottawa City Hall. (Inside, you can take a tour of the Karsh-Masson Art Gallery or tickle the ivories of a public piano near Jean Pigott Place, the sun-filled central foyer.)
- Tour the Bank of Canada Museum – one of the few museums in the core that is free all the time.
- Live a day (or 10) the Irish way. The annual St. Patrick’s Day parade is one of several events planned by Ottawa’s Irish Society from March 8-18.
- Walk, ski, snowshoe through the heart of the city.
- Enjoy a break with dino fossils, live butterflies, and much more at the Nature Museum; it’s free to visit Thursdays from 5-8pm.
- Plan a family walk through the Byward Market and Nepean Point in honour of Earth Hour (Mar. 28, 8:30-9:30pm).
These options are just the start of family fun in Ottawa next month. Watch this space for many more ideas in the weeks ahead!