After a Valentine’s date night just for the adults, time to spend some time with the kidlets.
But options to keep everyone amused and entertained abound.
- It is the final weekend of Winterlude. The Rideau Canal is fully open for skating. Programming continues at all official sites. And, in the Byward Market, you can see teams of people racing decorated beds through city streets.
- The Ottawa Senators have games on Saturday and Sunday. (Saturday features a Battle of Ontario tilt against the Toronto Maple Leafs, so expect to pay a little more for tickets, if you can snag any.)
- Sound and music fill the National Arts Centre for the family-focused Big Bang Festival.
- Canadian residents can fish without a license in Ontario this weekend, so it’s the perfect time to try ice fishing. Saturday, head to the Nepean Sailing Club for the Harbour Harvest: you bring the gear and bait, they’ll drill the hole.
- And Pure Yoga‘s downtown location is hosting free introduction to yoga classes for kids. Saturday’s session (from 3-3:45pm) is for 3-7 year-olds (parents can participate); Sunday’s course (11am-noon) is for the 7-12 year-old set.
Enjoy some amazing family time in Ottawa this weekend.
And for more ideas just for you and your loved ones, get in touch anytime.